Console fonts in XP
ntman
2010-01-02 16:46:01 UTC
In a C program for Windows XP, how can I find out which is the current font
in a console window and its size?

Also, how can I change the font and/or its size please?

As this is for C in Windows XP, Get(Set)CurrentConsoleFontEx APIs are no
good as they don't work with XP. It should be possible as the properties
dialog box for an XP console has a fonts tab.

Any help appreciated.

John.
Mihai N.
2010-01-03 02:13:51 UTC
Post by ntman
In a C program for Windows XP, how can I find out which is the current font
in a console window and its size?
Also, how can I change the font and/or its size please?
You can't (in XP).
The reason the new API was added was because it was missing before.
--
Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Visual C++]
http://www.mihai-nita.net
patrick
2010-01-04 12:50:38 UTC
Post by Mihai N.
You can't (in XP).
The reason the new API was added was because it was missing before.
??????
Of course you can !
RTFM
ntman
2010-01-04 16:47:01 UTC
Patrick,

I looked carefully in the SDK help re this issue before asking for help.

If you know how this can be done in XP, please can you share your knowledge
with the rest of the developer community.

John.
.
Mihai N.
2010-01-05 09:09:44 UTC
Post by patrick
??????
Of course you can !
RTFM
I assume you are talking about the MSDN documentation
(there is no "manual"), so can you plase provide a link?
Uwe Sieber
2010-01-05 11:58:28 UTC
Post by ntman
In a C program for Windows XP, how can I find out which is the current font
in a console window and its size?
Also, how can I change the font and/or its size please?
As this is for C in Windows XP, Get(Set)CurrentConsoleFontEx APIs are no
good as they don't work with XP. It should be possible as the properties
dialog box for an XP console has a fonts tab.
Any help appreciated.
There are some undocumented calls and structs for this,
see here:
http://www.catch22.net/sites/default/source/files/setconsoleinfo.c

Uwe